Schlager Move

Hi all, I am just back from a really great trip to Hamburg. The weather was a scorching 30 degrees. I stayed with my boyfriend's old neighbours, from when he lived there as a kid. We didn't know, but it was just good timing that there was this really famous street festival called Schlager Move on. Schlager is a really cheesy type of German music that was famous in the 60s and 70s. Every year there is a street parade in different parts of Germany to celebrate it. The one in Hamburg is really huge with thousands of people from young to old taking to the streets dressed head to toe in really cool 70s gear. It lasts all day with party floats and music throughout the city. It was so much fun. I saw the best 60s and 70s clothes. Heres some pics I took of people on the street.
















No comments:

Post a Comment