Una Burkes Re.Treat............




I did a double take as I walked by the window of Chesneau today at lunch. Much to my delight there was an amazing piece of Una Burkes Re.Treat collection in the window and on further inspection another amazing one inside. I never thought I would get to see it in the flesh. The sales girl inside told me that Una had actually worked with Chesneau alongside Edmound, the leather craftsman who founded the company and it is there for Dublin's Fashion Festival. Una graduated from the Limerick school of Design in 2003 and went on do an MA in Fashion Artefact in London where she now resides. Her collection was designed to depict eight human gestures associated with the cause, the physical and psychological effect and the healing stages of human trauma.


A number of pieces are reminiscent of prosthetics and medical braces. Her work has caught the eye of many female celebrities with GaGa commissioning work from her for her next tour. The great thing about this collection is that even though it is essentially an art piece it can be worn and in that respect it has really captivated people. I was really glad to have this visual treat today. My first of Dublin Fashion Festival. Get thee to Wicklow Street asap and have a look for yourself......

No comments:

Post a Comment