Under The Water .......







Chanel's S/S show was inspired by the sea. The colours of the sea, sea life, water and shimmering effects of shells. Florence and The Machine sang her beautiful sea themed song at the show, from her new album Ceremonials while standing in a giant sea shell. She looked amazing. In the collection were these amazing sea shell clutch's that look so realistic and are almost little works of art in themselves. While at the Dublin Flea market last Sunday a beautiful bag caught my eye at a stall and I had to stop and admire it. It reminded me of the Chanel shell clutch's. It was a wicker bag covered in beautiful little sea shells. The stall owner said it had belonged to her Granny who had purchased it in Nice decades ago. She didn't even want to sell it at the flea but felt as she wasn't using it she should sell it. It was definately too special to sell at flea prices and I think she was selling for around E80. If your a vintage collector this bag is something really special and definately worth the money. When I saw it I just thought about how something so old could be so very current at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't too kin on the whole idea but the bag at the end is actually stunning

    ReplyDelete